Saturday, November 5, 2011

Giving Thanks

Being that it's November, a month we like to take time to focus on giving thanks, I am working on giving thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Waking up in the morning no one says, "I think I would like to get into a car accident today." I certainly didn't.  I was so upset, humiliated, feeling dumb, feeling sorry, wishing I could go back and get a redo, thinking about how much it's going to cost me.  But taking a deep breath, remembering the verse, "In everything give thanks" and getting some perspective I was able to think about all the things I can and should be thankful for.
  • No one was hurt
  • The 3 children that were in the car were all calm and very patient (aka no one was crying raising the stress level)
  • My nephew's wife was with me, it helped to have an adult with me to keep me calm and keep my head straight
  • My brother-in-law answered my phone call and gave me excellent advise
  • Even though I was the one who did the rear ending, I wasn't given a ticket meaning the police thought I wasn't being a reckless driver
  • God protected us, the accident could have been much MUCH worse
  • The police report went as quickly and smoothly as it could go
  • Nothing was too complicated (referring to the fact that I was driving my mother's car, have a Tennessee license, and having insurance coverage on a different car)
  • Love and supports of my family and friends through the situation
This whole accident could have been much worse than it was and for that I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment