Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's ok to shed a tear

We have two more nights in our apartment so we are having a huge "Everything MUST Go!" Sale. My friend was helping me get stuff ready for it and asked me how I was doing. I didn't think anything about it and replied "oh, fine!". It wasn't till she left that I thought, she probably wanted to know how I was doing emotionally with getting rid of our stuff, things we have used almost everyday for almost 8 years. A tear came to my eyes as it hit me, this is really happening! I have known we are leaving but it hasn't felt real till now.

I look at my empty cabinets and drawers and watch people care out their new found treasures. I feel the pressure to clear out so the landlord can rent out the apartment.

I can easily just take things lightly and not really make things into a big deal. But I don't want to leave in 5 days and then crash, heartbroken and realize that I didn't take the time to process what is going on, really take time to morn and say goodbye. I tend to be the nonemotional one, not think about things too deeply or just brush things to the side as if it was no big deal.

I don't want to do that with, Its ok if I shed a tear or two as we say goodbye, as the reality of the move sets in. Tears are healing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhonebz

No comments:

Post a Comment