Friday, June 24, 2011

The Remote

The day I got married I wasn't scared or nervous. I was excited as I anticipate this day that I had been planning for months finally unfolded. I wanted to enjoy every minute. I remember wishing I could one of those remotes my dad & I used for video editing. This remote had a turn wheel that once you paused the video you could slowly turn and get to the exact spot you wanted. I wanted to pause this day and then just slowly move it forward. That way this day wouldn't go zooming past and I would be able to observe and take in every last millisecond.

Today I woke up with a similiar feeling, movers came to pack up our house and now we only have 7 more days here in Qingdao. I want to use that remote so I can really soak up every last minute of our lives here in Qingdao & China.

Qingdao has been our home for the past four years (which is the longest we have lived anywhere for our married lives). We have built our family here, not only the Carman clan but also with friends who have become like family.

We have many great memories here starting our family, watching the kids grow, crushing my husband at games, making friends, walking and playing at the beach, trying new food, learning other cultures, learning a new language and the list goes on.

Sure we have had our share of struggles and things we would probably like to forget but the hard and bad things make the good things even better.

If I had a remote that I could use I would totally use it these last few days to slowly move through them to make the most of every millisecond.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment