Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Crumy Anniversary

Generally people think of woman remembering special events and anniversaries and then get upset that their husbands forgot . . .

I'm not that woman, I usually have to pull off my wedding ring and look at the engraving to even be sure of what day our anniversary is. But you know what, my husband is the same way (I guess that makes us perfect for each other). It's really funny when other people tell us "Happy Anniversary!" and we realize what day it is and quickly wish each other congrats.

Not only do we forget but the days themselves aren't usually very well celebrated. Our first one we were returning to America from our first 6 months of living in China. We spent the night in Hong Kong, but I was pretty sick. Our forth was the day after my dad's first brain biopsy and there have been more anniversaries where we have been apart than together.

Looking at all our anniversaries I might have to say that this one, our eighth, tops them all in worst ever. (This is a bit ironic since in China 8 is such a good number, very lucky, and so this one should be the best.)

Today was pretty stressful and busy. We had decided that it was time to move on from our current position here in Qingdao several months ago. We were told that we had to move out by June 28. We then would have 4 more days until we leave for good.

We have been working for about a month now packing up our stuff, shipping some to America, selling some, throwing lots away and packing some for the next six weeks. I knew that this whole process would take a long time in and of it's self and then add three small children you get a task that would never get done.

On top of just life in general two weeks before we have to get out my helper calls and said her son was sick and in the hospital and she couldn't come for the next two weeks. Then my two boys and myself get really sick and I end up on the couch not able to get up for two days.

June 28th arrives and I have to take the boys to the doctor and my husband has to run around delivering stuff to people. By the end of the day we were no where near packed up. We couldn't spend another night (we sent our bed off to it's new owner), so we decide to call it a night, move just our clothes over to where we would be staying for the next 4 days and come back in the morning to finish up.

None of those things are how I want to spend my day ever, especially my anniversary. And can I add that my husband & I, because of lack of sleep and the stress of moving were kind of at each other throats during the few minutes that we were actually in the same room together. I would say it was a pretty crappy day and definetely a horrible anniversary.

Even though this was the crumiest of crumiest anniversaries I think that in the end it was actually a prefect way to celebrate eight years of marriage. This day is the epitomy of marriage. If we can still chose to love each other through this day it shows what marriage is all about. Loving through the hard times, loving despite our grumpiness, and comitted to be there for each other.

I love you hubby, thanks for eight years of sticking by me, hard times and good times!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment