Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pass The Baby


No matter where you are in the world babies are usually "ooo" and "ahhh" -ed at. They are just so cute. I don't know what it is about them, being so small, helpless, innocent, don't have a care in the world. I don't know but they are just adorable.

Well in China the fascination in children, and babies is no different. For us, being white, I feel like the fascination is higher. Then you throw us in a very rural area where they have never seen white people before and the curiosity is just a bit overwhelming.

When we had our first child 5 years ago this idea came to us as a shock. The first time we went out in public we were swarmed with people to get a peek at the 3 month old white baby.



Here both my boys get lots of looks and people wanting to touch then, hold them or play with them. A lot of people think my middle child is fun, but being a toddler he is not very compliant and doesn't like all the touching and really doesn't like to be held. So I usually hand over my baby since he loves the attention no matter who it is from.

Yesterday the family we ate lunch with played "pass the baby" around the table.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment