Friday, July 8, 2011

Power Out

We arrived back at LSV from our day trip to Beihai we discovered that the power was out.

We put the kids to bed and then we tried to get comfortable enough to go to sleep. We ended up laying on the tile floor in living room to try and keep cool so we could fall asleep. It was so hot and there was no air movement. My husband and I took the opportunity to talk about our experiences so far since it was too hard and uncomfortable (we were trying to sleep on tile floor, definitely not anything like my feather pillow top bed back in Qingdao).

Neither of us realized we had fallen asleep until we heard Xiao Bin crying. We got him out of bed and found him very hot with fever. We went sure how to cool him off in this heat. My husband ended up stripping him and having him lay on the tile. We gave him more medicine an wiped him down with a washcloth. All I could do was pray.

About 15 minutes later the power came on!!! Praise the Lord!

Xiao Bin went back to sleep, and we were able to rest more comfortably with the air conditioner blowing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment