Friday, July 8, 2011

Trip to Beihai

Yesterday the LSV staff took us on a tour of Beihai city. (As I mentioned earlier LSV is located in Nankang, a suburb of Beihai.)

Xiao Bin woke up with a fever (not sure exactly what it was because me thermometer is all a ms very slow and doesn't corroperate with a 2 year old boy). He was a bit fussy so I was sure to give him a nap in the morning since we wouldn't have afternoon nap.

After lunch we made the hour bus ride to Beihai. The goverment recently decided to build up the city so there is alot of construction of new hotels and apartment complexes.

We took a stroll down an old city street which is preserved to remember what Beihai use to be like. The buildings are unique structures due to early M's influences. Their is also a lot of influence from Vietnam due to being so close in proximety.

After our stroll we headed to Silver Beach. The sand is beautiful but the water is dirty just like other places in China but very warm being so south. The beach was also pretty crowded but we all had fun wading in the water.

After cleaning up we all went out to a nice buffet dinner where we got plenty of food. Our favorites were the sashimi, steak, baked potatoes, salad, fried bananas and chocolate fountain.

Xiao Bin fever returned and he was pretty fussy during dinner and it put me in a foul mood. My husband and I had to hold him and his brother through out the meal. But about half way through I changed my attitude and it ended up being a lovely dinner


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment